Yes, it’s the 3rd Tuesday, so it’s the day to find YOUR next writing opportunity!
1.Â Alaska Magazine Submission Guidelines for Freelance Writers â€“ And yes, we have a couple of writers who live in Alaska, so girls, this is for you!
2.Â The Cattleman Magazine â€“ Guidelines for Writing for The Cattleman â€“ Yes, we have some cowgirls, too.
4.Â Chicken Soup for the Soul possible book titles – They’re always looking for new stories!
8.Â Submission guidelines for BABYBUG, LADYBUG, SPIDER, ASK, CRICKET, and CICADA magazines for babies through teens
11.Â Photo Life could be looking for your photos!
12. Sasee Magazine for Women. Itâ€™s all about women. Itâ€™s all about you.
13. Mary Kaarto is looking for counselors.Â “I’m looking to interview licensed or certified counselors that deal with substance abuse, domestic violence, suicide prevention, grief counselors, pastors who offer couples counseling and anyone with active involvement in an unemployment ministry for a book I’m writing. Please contact me with your credentials at email@example.com. Thank you.”
15. Jennifer Hallmark is taking blog submissions for 2016: Have you ever been overwhelmed by gratefulness over an act of kindness by a friend, family member, or organization? Have your children or spouse done something so sweet you just have to share? I have openings on my websiteâ€™s blog page, Small Acts of Kindness, scattered throughout the rest of this year. I post every Monday.
I’m looking for a 300-700 word story sharing your experience. Please include photos or pictures youâ€™d like me to post, book blurb and cover. I also will add any links and a short bio if youâ€™d like.
Please reply to jenlhall63 (at) gmail (dot) com if you are interested.Â For examples, go to http://jenniferhallmark.com/blog/Â Thanks! p.s. We also have interviews open on the Writing Prompts blog for the second half of the year.
Well, that should keep you busy for a while! Be sure to let me know when you get that publication!
Conferences are your ticket to success!
Hereâ€™s a list of upcoming writing and/or speaking conferences. Make your plans now to attend at least one conference a year. You wouldnâ€™t expect to get a job without being prepared and qualified, would you? You can be sure your chances of publication increase with your training and experience in writing as well.
1.Â Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference: March 18-22, 2016, Mount Hermon, CA
2.Â Mid-South Christian Writers Conference: March 19, 2016, Collierville, TN
3.Â American Christian Writers Mentoring Retreats begin in April: Various locations and dates
4.Â Write2Ignite for Writers of Childrenâ€™s Literature: April 1-2, 2016, Tigerville, SC
5.Â Orange County Christian Writers’ Conference: April 15-16, 2016, Fullerton, CA
6.Â Writing Success 25: April 30, 2016, Stoneboro, PA
7.Â Colorado Christian Writers Conference: May 11-14, 2016, Estes Park, CO
8.Â Blue Lake Christian Writers Retreat: April 20-23, 2016, Andalusia, AL (This is a NEW conference!)
9.Â Northwest Christian Writers Renewal: May 13-14, 2016, Redmond, WA
10. Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference: May 22-26, 2016, Ridgecrest, NC (Iâ€™ll see you there!)
11. West Texas Writers’ Academy: June 6-10, 2016, Canyon, TX
12. Write to Publish: June 8-11, 2016, Chicago area
13. West Virginia Writers Conference: June 10-12, 2016, Ripley, WV
14. New England Christian Writers Retreat: June 17-19, 2016, Hamilton, MA
15. St. Davidâ€™s Christian Writers Conference: June 22-26, 2016, Grove City, PA
16. Kentucky Christian Writers Conference: June 23-25, 2016, Elizabethtown, KY
17. Romance Writers of America: July 13-16, 2016, San Diego, CA
18. Greater Philly Christian Writer’s Conference: August 3-6, 2016, Langhorne, PA
19. Taylor University’s Professional Writing Conference: August 5-6, 2016, Upland, IN (This is a brand new conference!)
20. Atlanta Christian Writers Conference: August 18-20, 2016, Marietta, GA
21. Christian Communicators Conference: August 24-28, 2016 The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, Asheville, NC. Registration will open in March. Registration opens today! Don’t delay–Only 30 slots available!
22. American Christian Fiction Writers: August 25-28, 2016, Nashville, TN
23. Breathe Christian Writers Conference: October 7-8, 2016, Grand Rapids, MI
Ladies, it’s the day you’ve been waiting for! Christian Communicators Conference Registration is now open!
Could this be YOUR year to take the next bold step into your speaking ministry? Whether you’re novice just testing the waters, or an experienced speaker with years of events behind you, this conference is just what you need!
All-inclusive package, including video and headshots? Yes!
Ongoing mentoring and networking opportunities? Yes!
Ongoing community support of like-minded sisters? Yes!
Intimate conference of only about 30 ladies, set in the beautiful NC mountains at The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove? Yes!
Let this be the year you find out what all the excitement is about.
Anonymous comments from last year’s post-conference evaluation:
â€śIt was unforgettable. Life-changing. It anchored me to a breakthrough understanding of my calling. It was a deep cleaning of my soul, an inspired 4 days that will affect the rest of my life.â€ť
â€śIâ€™ve attended many conferences and, hands down, this is the best one EVER! It was well-planned and executed. I would have loved to stay another dayâ€¦â€ť
â€śIâ€™m a conference junkie, and Iâ€™ve never seen a conference so adept at facilitating relationship-building before…”
Thanks for sharing!
Happy writing and speaking!