This past week I went on an awesome road trip with my daughter, Jessica. Jessi just got her driver's permit and I decided this might be a good opportunity for her to get some driving experience. Here are some zany (and favorite) memories from the road.
1. Baby Sand Dollars. One of my favorite past times is beach combing. I just love sand dollars.
2. Beach Walks. I love this picture of Jessi looking for shells. This beach was so awesome!
3. Nice Bikers. We met these bikers from Texas on their way home. We gave them a treat of freshly picked blueberries! The other bikers were from Canada on the way up to Crater Lake in California.
4. Camping. We may be "just girls," but we were the bomb when it came to camping. Jessi is an ace at starting campfires, too.
5. Crater Lake. This lake is just awesome. It's actually a volcano that collapsed inside itself and formed this lake that is only fed by rain and snow. The cliff walls surrounding the lake are 2,000 feet high, and it is the deepest lake in North America at 1,900 feet deep. The volcano below is still active, and the island in the middle is actually the cone of the volcano!
6. Flowers! I love flowers and we found so many glorious varieties growing wild. These are just a few of the many colors and varities.
7. Friends. These are the kids of my soul sister, Carrie, who now lives in Oregon. We stayed a night at a beach house with her that had a Jacuzzi overlooking the ocean. Unfortunately, the rental people forgot to turn it on before we got there so I never actually got in it. But it was a nice thought! We had a blast anyhow…
8. High Places. Did I ever mention that I'm afraid of heights? Got plenty of those between the coastal drive and the sand dunes (still to come)! Yikes!
Stay tuned for more of the 25 things we loved about our trip!